Saturday, December 17, 2011

What happened to December



So it is Saturday and Emily woke up at 5:50 for a bottle. Will somebody please tell my children that on Saturday, Mommy and Daddy really really really would love to sleep until there is a peep of daylight seeping through the windows. I mean really, is that too much to ask? So as I was laying there trying to go back to sleep, I started to get super excited because we are only a week from Christmas! WHAT! The, oh I have plenty of time to finish up mindframe that has settled in to my brain for the last few weeks has now vanished and been replaced by a panicked you gotta get out there and finish up your shopping mindframe! Michael is keeping all three of the children on Tuesday for me to go and finish up and I ask that you pray for my husband as he has never had all three for any more that 2 or 3 hours by himself. Although they are little, my children can make a grown person cry if they want to! I now know that feeling that my parents had on Christmas morning as they watched us open our presents. It was like they were getting presents. I used to feel sorry for them because they never got eachother anything. Now I completely get it! Allie asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her that watching her and Joshua open there gifts was my present. She didn't get it. She will one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment